Breeding or taking care of chickens requires a coop. Chickens do not become pregnant. Up to 3 chicks spawn immediately. Old chickens cannot breed.
|Chick||Young (0-9)||1x White meat||1x Feathers||-||-||-|
|Chicken||Mature (10-34)||4x White meat||6x Feathers||1x Bones||-||1x Animal parts, 10% Chance|
|Old Chicken||Old (35-49)||7x White meat||10x Feathers||2x Bones||-||-|
Note: Animal parts only drop if you have Animal Lore 90.
Chickens are used by farmers and are placed within coops. Chickens can be caught in the wild by the usage of the hunting skill and creating snare traps. After successfully catching a chicken in your snare you can place it in your inventory and transport it to the coop where you can begin your first steps into Animal Lore.
- Chickens can be harvested in coops to gather Eggs, they can also be slaughtered to gather White Meat, bones, feathers and a small chance on an alchemy ingredient.
- Chickens also produce manure overtime in the coop that can go towards fertilizing your farms soil.
- Chickens can die of old age in your coop.
Chickens In The Coop Life
- They will produce eggs if they are OVER five years of age. They will produce in fertile age.
- They will produce one egg every feeding interval, allowing you to harvest and gain skill every tick.
- After they are unable to produce eggs, they can breed to produce more chickens. (Uhm.)
Hint: You can find out when it ticks by waiting for it to update the info in the coop, showing the amount of animals. Place another in with the chickens, and when it shows that animal in the information, you know a tick has passed.
Chickens are confirmed to eat: